Rice is nice on its own but sometimes you want a bit more colour and flavour. This one uses turmeric for colour and an earthy flavour with nigella seeds. Goes well with greens like cabbage and spinach.
- 250g white basmati rice
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- Put the rice in a large bowl and cover with water. Leave to soak for 20 minutes.
- Drain the rice using a fine mesh sieve. Rinse the rice under the tap and let it drain.
- Fill a medium pan about 2/3rds full of water. Add the turmeric and nigella seeds then bring to the boil.
- Add the rice and boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat off.
- Drain using the fine mesh sieve again and it’s ready to serve. Pop it back in the pan and stick the lid on to keep it hot.
One Comment Add yours