A simple chewy cookie recipe with some Christmas spices. Easy to make, hard to resist.
- 75g Flora Buttery (non-dairy margarine)
- 100g raisins
- 55g caster sugar
- 75g soft, dark brown sugar
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 0.5 tsp ground cardamom
- 0.25 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Heat the oven to 190°C (170°C fan/375°F/Gas mark 5)
- Put all the ingredients EXCEPT the flour into a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Now add the flour and mix in. Be careful not to go too fast to start or you’ll have flour everywhere.
- Take about 1 tsp size of the mixture and roll into a ball, place on the baking tray. Do this until all the mix is gone. You should get up to 30 of them, depending on how even you’ve been.
- Bake for 9 minutes then remove from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before taking them off the trays and cooling on a wire rack.