Yes, it’s only November but I’ve already got my Christmas tree up and fancied a rice pudding with some seasonal flavours so here it is. This is the tough bit…waiting for the dish to finish cooking so I can grab a photo………I’ll watch Pointless for a bit I think.
- 200g pudding rice
- 650ml unsweetened soya milk
- 50g caster sugar
- 15g flora buttery
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Zest and juice of one orange
- Pre-heat the oven to 160° C / gas mark 3 (140° C).
- Grease an ovenproof baking dish with the Flora.
- Add the rice, soya milk, sugar, orange zest & juice and vanilla paste to the dish, mixing well.
- Place in the oven for 35-40 minutes then use a fork to mix and break up the rice grains which will have started to clump together.
- Place back in the oven for another 55-60 minutes.
Maybe I should’ve added a little cinnamon. Hmm?
2 Comments Add yours
Sounds is awesome. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post. Keep sharing more. Hope too see you very soon on my blog.
Yes cinnamon yum looking good