This clear mushroom soup is full of flavour and robust mushrooms with great texture. It’s also quite low in calories.
- 25g dried mixed mushrooms
- I used a Merchant Gourmet packet which includes Shiitake, Oyster and Porcini mushrooms
- 4 spring onions (25g)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed
- 1 large celery stick (50g)
- 100g sugar snap peas, don’t chop
- 0.5 fresh chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Soak the dried mushrooms in boiling water for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain the liquid into a jug and top up to 1 litre with boiling water.
- Trim the spring onions and separate the white and green parts before chopping finely.
- Put the garlic and white spring onion in a large pan with a splash or two of water. Cook on a med-high heat for a couple of minutes, be careful it doesn’t stick and add more water if needed.
- Add the celery and chilli, cook for another two minutes.
- Now add the mushrooms and the 1 litre of liquid.
- Put the pepper and soy sauce in and stir.
- Bring the pot to the boil then add the peas, drop the heat to a simmer, cover the pan and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the green spring onions over the soup and serve.